Official Terms & Conditions
1. The term “Contest” refers to the “You have the Power to MAKE OUR FOOD LAST Photo Contest”.
2. The “Participant” is the qualified participant who takes part in the photo contest.
1. Regardless of race, gender, ethnic or nationality, anyone is eligible.
2. There is no limit on the number of entries. However, each Participant can only win ONE (1) prize.
3. The immediate family members of the Organisers and individuals living in the same household with the Organisers, Sponsors, Judges and or Agencies related to the Contest are not eligible to participate.
III. General Requirements:
1. Photo entries must show your support towards either one of the following, followed by your most creative caption:
i) Choose local ingredients
ii) Consume more vegetables and healthier food
iii) Reduce food waste
2. Photo entries must tag @Penang International Green Carnival and include the following hashtags:-
#PgGreenCarnival2015, #1stAvenueMall, #TMTMY and #eatlocal
3. Only social media submissions that are marked as Public will be eligible for the contest.
4. When submitting the photo, the Participant must send the following information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:-
a) Full Name
b) FB Name
c) IC Number
d) E-mail Address
e) Contact Number (H/P)
5. Once a photo is submitted it is considered final and cannot be further modified or edited.
6. All photos must be submitted by 12.00 am (MYT), 31st May 2015. Submission after the stated deadline will not be entertained.
7. Each submission must be Participant’s original work and not copied from any other sources. Infringement of copyright, privacy, and or explicit material (obscene, horror or defamatory) will be deemed disqualified by the Organisers.
8. Participant has to confirm that you have obtained the necessary right, consent and or permission for all the materials, contents and individuals that appear in the photo.
9. The Organisers reserve the right to modify the terms and conditions, terminate and or suspend the Contest for a reason.
10. The Organisers reserve the right to seek damages/ penalties and or fees from Participants in the Court of Law should there be any civil, criminal, damages and or injuries during the legitimate period of the Contest.
11. The Organisers shall not be held liable for any injuries, damages and or loss of item during the course of taking the photos.
12. Participants retain the ownership of the photo submission. However the Organisers reserve the right to use the photo submission for their program, function and or projects (in all promotional media). The Organisers reserve the right to edit and or derive fully or partially the photo submission.
13. The decisions of the Organisers and Judges are final.
14. Winners will be announced in Penang International Green Carnival FB page on June 2015.
15. All winners are required to claim the prizes during Penang Green Carnival 2015 on 13th – 14th June 2015 at TMT Online Sdn. Bhd.’s booth. Any other cost such as cost of travelling and food is to be borne by the winners.
16. The Organisers reserve the right to substitute the prizes with equivalent value. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash. Any prize or cash not claimed within 1 month from the Penang Green Carnival’s date will be forfeited and no further claims will be entertained.
IV. Entry Errors/ Internet
1. The Organisers reserve sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. The Organisers also reserve the right to select winners from eligible submissions received during the Contest Period.
2. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the Participant, the prize will be awarded to the authorised account holder of the email address. The “authorised account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet provider, online service provider or other organisation such as a business or educational institution that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A Participant may be required to provide proof that he/ she is the authorised account holder of the email address associated with the selected submission.
*subject to change
Penang Green Council (PGC Strategies Sdn Bhd)
Tingkat 46, KOMTAR,
Pulau Pinang 10503 Malaysia.
TEL: +604-250 3322
FAX: +604-250 3323